Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 2009: Anthropologie Catalog


"Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance."

-Carl Sandburg (via Anthro catalog)












Last week I received my NEW July 2009 Anthropologie Catalog and once again, they did not disappoint. Not only were there many fabulous pieces that I HAVE to have. Like this fabulous polka dot dress, amazing semi sheen sheath, blueberry skirt and stunning trench coat. But, as usual the photography and styling of the overall catalog is what blew me away. I especially LOVED the use of shadows and how they were incorporated along with the models. Note to self: must one day have photos taken of myself with this same shadow effect.

Have I mentioned before that I absolutely (heart) shadows? They always bring such a mysterious, magical, child like quality to a photo. As much as I like to play around with the use of shadows in photography I have never even though of this. Thanks again Anthro for being such an inspiration!

xoxo,
Fallon

2 comments:

  1. These are so cool and I love that quote. I love your new photos on facebook. You are so fashionable! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me look at things in a different light. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin