Sunday, July 12, 2009

BK Flea Top Five 7/11/09

I woke up this morning refreshed after a much needed FULL nights sleep. These past two weeks have been pretty crazy for me. I spent a long Holiday weekend in California, filled with Dentist and haircut appointments; spending time with friends; visiting family that I haven't seen is over 12 years; 4 hours driving on I-5; 6am walks/photo sessions with my brother; fireworks and family fun; pools & 101 degree weather; & reuniting with my pup after he spent 6 weeks with Grandma. All is all is was a great mini getaway.

After returning to NYC I had a long week ahead of me filled with merchandising, handbags, fashion, photo shoots and three work days in a row that didn't end before 11pm. Friday night couldn't come soon enough. But as I mentioned above I woke up today more than thrilled to see what the flea had to offer. Although I was slightly disappointed with the overall assortment, I did manage to find a few things that caught my eye. I also happened to walk away with a beautiful little vintage feathered headband which reminded me of the feather headbands I have made (I will share with you soon). My friend also was pretty lucky, taking home a silk scarf for (FREE) which was part of a purchase she made on a beautiful printed tunic, $25, which will look great worn as a dress with a gold belt. On top of that she also picked up the "Streak" necklace and clip-on earrings featured below.

Check out my picks below...

Enjoy!

BK Flea Top 5:

Watch Pendent
Vintage Necklace

I have really been in to watch pendents lately.


"Streak" Necklace
Circa 1960's

$45
My friend came across this super fun and flashy necklace, which will work perfectly for a 90's party that she will be going to soon. This gives me the same happy feeling as the "Carrie" necklace circa SATC.


Vintage Sunglasses
$35
I thought the price was a little high, but they really were fab. The picture does not do them justice!



Beaded Clip-on Earrings
$25
Not the best detail shot, but the earrings were stunning, fashioned with subdued pastel beads with a hint of lavender.



Vintage Feathered Headband
$15
LOVED the feathers used to make this stunning head piece. Now I just need some event equally as fabulous to wear it to!


Be sure to check out "you might like these stories" below for vintage BK Flea Top 5 Picks.


5 comments:

  1. I love what you found! Beautiful feather head piece. I wish we had flea markets on Maui. You should start a vintage store on etsy. You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That headband is beautiful! I can picture you wearing that with some hot mini dress and 4'' heels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom (Sandi) you too funny!!! But I think this headband would call for 5" heels =)

    @Rachel HUmmmmm... GREAT idea! I guess I have always focused on trying to get something started of my own designs that I never thought of doing something like that. But that is something I probably would love! Brainstorming begins now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....although the hard part would be letting go of the fabulous things that I would find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Fallon! I like this column too.
    (Monthly sounds good... I guess it takes quite a lot of work to put this together).
    Ciao!
    Suze
    (You look simply STUNNING in that haeadband, btw) :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin