Monday, May 4, 2009

Kentucky Derby 2009

Click here for a recipe to make your own Mint Julep.

One of these days I would like to plan a trip to Louisville, Kentucky, oh say...the first Saturday in May. Why, you may ask... well to take part in the Kentucky Derby of course. Actually "take part in" is not the correct term. As much as I would love to own a horse one day and learn to ride it, I don't think racing in the Derby is exactly in the cards for me. But hey, I'm okay with that. Honestly, I just want to go so I can feel ever so fabulous sitting in my box seats, sipping on a positively refreshing Mint julep and wearing an absolutely fabulous hat! I mean seriously where else besides maybe a baptist church on Easter Sunday, can you get away with wearing a hat like this. (see below)

I love hats, big sunglasses, horses, refreshing drinks with mint in them and an overall great time with a close group of friends. One of these days I will seriously have to experience the Kentucky Derby in all its glory. Until then I will live vicariously through the fabulous celebs that attended this year. Thank goodness for photographers!


My Top 4 Fashion Picks
135th Annual Kentucky Derby

Kim Kardashian, #1 by far!
I love the structure and color of her choice as well as the black lace gloves, such a nice touch.


Gabrielle Union
You cant go wrong with a little black dress and a matching derby worthy hat. Although I would of loved to see her in some color.


LeAnn Rimes
Love the dress. Love the hat. Not sure if its the right choice for LeAnn but the look itself is great.


Brooke Shields
Now here I'm really torn. I honestly LOVE the hat... by itself. But not so much on Brooke. I get it...She plays Wendy on Lipstick Jungle, so she thinks she can get away with such a fashion forward look, but in her case I don't think it really worked. If this were on someone like Sarah Jessica Parker or even like Dita Von Teese then we would be talking. But overall I love the hat, and that's really whats its all about.

Case in point (see below) the overall look just doesn't work for Miss Shields. Sorry, hun. Let's leave the fashionista looks to Wendy. Good try though. I do give you credit for taking a risk.

Click here to see more fashion photos from the 2009 Kentucky Derby.


xoxo,
Fallon

1 comment:

  1. You are so adorable! Love this post and I absolutely agree with all of your thoughts on the hats especially Brookes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin