Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cynthia Rowley- The Musical

Musical chairs that is....



When I first moved to NYC almost three years ago. My first job was working in Cynthia Rowley's Design studio on Bleeker St. in the West Village. I know it sounds so glamorous... but actually I was the administrative assistant so the glamor part stopped basically as I turned the corner of the 2nd floor and walked up one more flight of stairs. There were good times and there sure were some bad ones, but honestly whenever I think back on my time there, I am so grateful. I got to work extremely close with one of my favorite designers, experience the design process, type up a few pages of her Slim Memoir, and participate in the holy grail that is known to the rest of the world as NY Fashion week. Not to mention my first couple of months in NYC were spent in the West Village enjoying all that it has to offer.

I will always continue to follow her career (click her for a peek into her sketch book) and hold a sense of pride at least for the fact that for a short time because of me things ran smoothly. =) I came across this video while visiting her site and absolutely fell in love, so I decided to share. Cynthia is an insanely creative individual, I only hope to be half as amazing as her one day.

Enjoy!
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin