Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday (Autumn) Afternoons... Pumpkin Pop-tarts!


The crispness has arrived, my boots and scarves are back in heavy rotation, and that can only mean one thing Autumn has arrived, my favorite time of the year and not just because my birthday happens to fall in November.  Even if that weren't so I still think I would love Fall.  Its such a beautiful season filled with so many wonderful, beautiful, happy things.  Pumpkins being one of them!  Have I ever mentioned before how much I LOVE pumpkin.  The smell is incredible, the taste is divine, I simply can not get enough.  I think my love affair with pumpkin started when I had my first pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks many years ago.  Since if pumpkins in it you can bet I will give it a try.  



So it was no surprise when I found myself spending hours late one night on the internet looking up "pumpkin recipes" and to my surprise there were SO many.  On one site alone there were 47 pages filled with pumpkin recipes. Of course there was the traditional pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheese cake, but then when pumpkin chili, pumpkin lasagna, pumpkin enchiladas and pumpkin pop-tarts popped up, I became giddy with excitement. I knew I had to try many if not all of the recipes that I found!  So today I made my first two, pumpkin pop-tarts (click here for the receipe) and pumpkin lasagna and I had to share one of them with all of you.  


I was so pleased with how both turned out.  It was such a fun experience and they turned out SUPER yummy!  The pop-tarts were super easy and would be a great activity to do with the little ones.  Also if your a bit adventurous like me you will for sure want to try out this pumpkin lasagna recipe. It was truly amazing! After the day I had my apartments smells fabulous!  Ahhh.... I love Autumn & I love Sundays! 

Photo Credit: Yours truly 
Recipe via: The Family Kitchen 

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMY!!!Those look fabulous, I love their faces!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin