Sunday, August 15, 2010

How To Dress For Success... Edith Head



I came across these amazing illustrations on while browsing LiveJournal here and immediately rushed to amazon.com and purchased the book How To Dress For Success by Edith Head.  I simply had to have it for my collection.  Edith Head is one of the greatest costume designers of all time with some of the greatest films of all time under her belt, including my all time favorite's Funny Face and Breakfast at Tiffany's.  She was sought after by most of the leading ladies of the 40's & 50's including Ginger Rogers, Bette Davis, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn.  I mean that's SOME track record if you ask me.  Edith Head was an amazing women who could make the ordinary, extraordinary! 

She sure had a lot of wisdom to share as well, my favorite being... "You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it".  Working in the fashion industry I can tell you know truer words have ever been spoken. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin