Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Afternoons...

Formally known as Sunday Morning Blooms... I have decided to bring back a wonderful weekly feature of mine but with a new twist.  Perfection to me rarely comes in the form of an object but rather in a feeling.  A feeling that nothing really matters in the world but your own happiness and the happiness of those you love.  A feeling that life goes on no matter what, that God is always right there with you, that our world really is a wonderful place, and that beauty can be seen in the smallest and most unexpected places.  In my eyes such a place exist on Sunday Afternoons.  The air always seems a little bit fresher, the sky a tad bit brighter and time moves just a second slower.  Sunday Afternoons are the days when you can focus on yourself and your loved ones, read a good book, take a stroll in the park, or pick up some fresh flowers from the farmers market...the possibilities are endless. 

In this weekly feature I will highlight the moments that I think make a perfect Sunday Afternoon.  Some I may personally experience, so may be part fairytale, but with all I think at least one of you will be able to relate. My only wish is that when you stop by on Sundays you leave with a smile on your face and a warm feeing in your heart. I hope to inspire you all to take the time to pause this roller coaster called life and take the time to truly enjoy it.  

"Be happy for this moment, for this moment is your life"
-Omar Khayyam

Sunday Afternoons...

are for riding your bicycle down the road with the wind blowing in your hair and picnics in the park that last way longer than planned. Spring is in the air in NYC, which made for a perfect day to bring out my bicycle and ride to my hearts content.  How did you spend your Sunday Afternoon? Please do share...

Now I'm off for a mani/pedi... Here's to a fabulous week ahead!


{photos via: We Heart It}

4 comments:

  1. I've always been a huge fan of Sunday morning Blooms (even tried to get a photo posted) But I love the new title! You have reminded me what Sundays are all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom!!! Don't worry there will be more blooms include as they are a vital part of a perfect Sunday Afternoon! and remember you WERE included on your birthday =)\

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Sunday! a great way to end my Sunday evening. Thank you!
    xoxo
    Judith~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it was my flowers but not taken by me. lol I'm still working on the artist side of me. Where do you get yours???

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin