Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Expand your mind...Jackie O Style


"Jackie O", Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis to be exact was an extraordinary women... one that I, and many others admire greatly still to this day. She is a true American Icon and will never be forgotten.

What Would Jackie Do, An Inspired Guide to Distinctive Living is an amazing book I picked up about 4 years ago
and have revisited in my recent trip back home for the holidays. One of the topics I found very interesting was Jackie's reading list. I myself am always looking for new things to read and discover... which is why I plan on checking out all of the below. I can see it now... a rainy Sunday spent at the New York Public Library completely losing myself in one of Shakespeare Sonnets or a poem by Emily Dickerson. Aww.... just the thought brings a smile to my face. What a perfect "Sunday Afternoon".

Please read the list below and Enjoy! Let me know what you think. Also look for a personal list from yours truly, including my favorites, ones I'm currently reading and one's I'm looking forward to, coming in January 2009.



Jackie's Reading List

Books/Plays:
The Memoirs of the Duc de Saint-Simon
The Odyssey, Homer
Richard III, William Shakespeare
Henry V, William Shakespeare
Age of Reason, Thomas Paine
Lost Cities and Vanished Civilizations, Robert Silverberg
Pilgrim's Way, John Buchan
Shadows from India, Roderick William Cameron

Poems:
Ithaca, Constantine P. Cavafy
I Taste a Liquor Never Brewed, Emily Dickinson
The Negro Speaks of Rivers, Langston Hughes
The Sonnets, William Shakespeare
Ode on a Grecian Urn, John Keats
Death, Be Not Proud, John Donne
in Just, e.e. cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin